Title: HR Director / ROMA Liaison Job Number:10342749
Salary: Negotiable Hours: Full-time
Date Taken: 01/17/2018
Close Date: 01/26/2018
Location: GLENDIVE, MT 59330
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE: an Associate’s Degree in a related field and 3-5 years of experience; valid driver’s license and liability insurance; must have Human Resources Certification or able to obtain within one year of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations, and public-sector employment policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Knowledge of equal opportunity and affirmative action requirements as related to public sector human resources procedures
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive confidential issues
- Ability to prepare and present training programs and materials
- Knowledge of compensation administration principles and procedures
- Skill in the use of personal computers, database management skills and related software
- Ability to create and edit written materials
- Mathematics skills
- Knowledge of FMLA and catastrophic leave policies, procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of ADA, EEO, FLSA, W/C, HIPPA and other employment legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of staff employee benefits laws, regulations, policies, procedures and documentation
- Ability to analyze complex information, and to define and solve problems.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provides human resources support to all agency departments. Provides advice and assistance on staff policies, regulations, and procedures regarding equal opportunity/affirmative action employment, recruitment and hiring options, compensation, performance management and disciplinary procedures, employee benefits, and training. Provides consultative direction on best HR practices in specific situations, and coordinates and facilitates timely response to constituent needs, as appropriate.
- Employer will provide training to obtain certification.
- Acts as a resource to their own agency
- Provide input to their own agency related to the implementation of the full ROMA Cycle
- Participates in ROMA network at state, regional and/or national levels
- Participates in on-going learning
- Attend annual In-service Continuing Education Programs
- Attend training opportunities to improve knowledge and skills related to the phases of the ROMA Cycle
- Attend other training opportunities of related subject matter
- Renew certification every three years
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic Introduction to ROMA curriculum key principles and practices
- Content Knowledge includes key point at end of each module
- Is able to construct a scale
- Is able to construct logic model with all elements matching
- Is able to analyze logic models
- Demonstrates experience in working in a CAA or other level of the CAA network with implementation of
- ROMA a part of the job duties
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill job duties related to ROMA implementation effectively
- On line application, including letters of support (from applicant employer, CSBG office and Association) and resume.
- Complete e-course – 6 modules of on-line training (non-graded), (Phase I)
- Attend Introduction to ROMA training held by NCRT/Master Trainer (1 day) and participate in discussion about the basic principles and practices of ROMA (Phase II)
- Work with Study Circle to create portfolio documenting activities, experience
- Submit portfolio for review by ROMA Master Trainer (Phase III)
- Response to on-line quiz (graded), and building of a logic model with different levels of need (Phase IV)
**See job description for additional responsibilities and essential functions**
To apply, submit to Job Service the following items: completed COMPANY application AND a resume. Job description and the required application are available in TRAY 14 at Glendive Job Service. Electronic versions of the job description and application are available. To have them emailed to you please send a request to GlendiveJSC@mt.gov or call 406-377-3314.